March 27, 2013

today's craving: clouds

today finally felt like the first day of spring was supposed to feel like. we spent it walking, going to the playground, meeting happy people, smiling, and watching the clouds. i have been sketching clouds for weeks without doing anything about them, so i decided to finally start making a digital cloud family.

meet, clockwise from left: Happy, Sunny, Snowy, Daisy, Rainy, and Cloudy. Windy, Swimmy, and Baby are on the way!

little cloud family in the making

not to make my lighthearted post too serious, but i couldn't help thinking about this poem i love, by Charles Baudelaire. it is called "The Stranger" and here's the english translation:

-Tell me, enigmatic man, whom do you love the best? Your father, your mother, your sister, or your brother?
-I have neither father, nor mother, nor sister, nor brother.
-Your friends?
-You are using a word whose meaning remains unknown to me to this very day.
-Your country?
-I do not know under what latitude it lies.
-Beauty?
-I would love her gladly, goddess and immortal.
-Gold?
-I hate it as much as you hate God.
-Well then! What do you love, extraordinary stranger?
-I love the clouds ... the passing clouds ... over there ... over there ... the marvelous clouds!

1 comment: